Thursday, July 8, 2010

Teedle Toodle

Last weekend I ran the Foot Traffic Flat Half Marathon on the 4th of July. It took place on Sauvie Island, which made for an absolutely stunning route!!

Per example at mile 12: (I was still smiling so I must have been doing alright!)






....and the last 50 yards:




Scarlet and Mel were waiting at the last 100 yards with Thurston. As soon as I spotted him at the finish, I just about cried. It was just too cute to see him flinging his arms out with glee at seeing me come running towards him. I patted him as I ran by and continued down the last 100 yards or so to the finish. I was told later that he started crying after I passed by. Poor kid!





And to top of an awesome 4th of July.....a BBQ!






Showing our hungry tummies....





...and talking to our corn under the table....




No comments: