Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mama!

Now, I know I've said this before... but I seriously have the sweetest, most affectionate kid. Both of his teachers at daycare have voiced this to me numerous times. In fact, just this morning as I dropped him off, his teacher starts gushing about his sweet temperament.

He is going through a "mama" phase right now. It can be both heartwarming and trying at the same time when he just wants "mama" all the time. I think he just needs the reassurance that I'm there though and then he's fine. Poor Dave though...he'll pick Thurston up and Thurston will turn with his arms outstretched to me and wail "Mama. Mama!" I have a feeling that one of these days things will switch and he'll want nothing to do with me if Daddy's around! However, Grandpa trumps "mama" all the time. He is absolutely enamored with his Grandpa. Thurston and I were recently in Reno and my Dad picked us up from the airport. As soon as Thurston saw my Dad, he made a bee-line to him and ran with up-stretched arms. A woman approaches us in the airport and exclaims at how much Thurston must love his Grandpa by the way he reacted to him. My Dad's emotions don't show obviously, but I can see how much he's touched by it.

Thurston's language continues to develop every day and I am fascinated by how quickly he picks up on things. He loves to play the "Where is" game and happily points to the object in question...or will run off and retrieve said object -- such as his shoes (or mine) or a book of choice. When he doesn't know something, he'll point wildly in the air as if he is on a quest to find whatever it could be.

For the most part, he is just a great, happy kid. He loves to please, loves to make us laugh and loves to be the center of attention (go figure). Every day, I am grateful for his presence in our lives.



















No comments: