On a whim, I decided to go to Chipoltle for lunch today after my yoga class. The manager took one look at me as I finishing up my order and exclaimed, "Wow! You look hungry! Your lunch is on me today." I thought he was joking at first, but sure enough, the cashier rang up the order as a complementary meal! Now I normally would be put off by his comment but, hell, I'll take it for free food!
So, as I was walking back to my office with the hefty bag of free deliciousness, I came to the realization that there quite a few perks of being extremely pregnant.
1) I get to eat whatever I want, whenever I want and however much I want and people tell me I deserve it!
2) I am allowed to be lazy- hell, I'm encouraged to be lazy.
3) People move out of my way when I'm walking down the street. I mean, I don't necessarily need them to clear themselves all the way to the farthest side of the sidewalk, but it's nice to have the sidewalk right-of-way.
4) Everything I wear is spandex-- and it's socially acceptable.
5) People (even strangers) pick things up for me because they're terrified of what will happen if I attempt to bend over (so am I, frankly).
and the #1 reason it's awesome to be extremely pregnant:
6) I have only three more days of work until my maternity leave!!*
*I know this involves caring for a completely helpless being, enduring sleepless nights, stress, anxiety, etc., however not working is still pretty awesome.
Oh yeah--- and I'm going to have a baby! That's pretty cool too.