Wednesday, July 22, 2009

12 Weeks, 3 days old

I am typing with two hands at the moment and am freshly showered. I also blow dried my hair and plucked my eyebrows for the first time since I was about 20 weeks pregnant. How might one ask am I actually accomplishing this feat? Well, the little bub has been napping peacefully in his bassinet for the past hour. Oh yes. He has stunned us by actually letting us (god forbid!!!) set him down whilst sleeping in a bouncy seat, swing, and even his bassinet. He may even give a few squeaks and blinks but then softens back down into sleepy goodness. I actually am beginning to have a ...oh what does one call it these days?... life outside of baby!

In other parts of the baby mist I live in, my little squeaker has also become a bottle-drinking aficionado! The once boob-only man has finally succumbed to the bottle. It was a struggle last week. I had to bike home almost every day on my lunch break to nurse him - keep in mind, it's been in the 80's and 90's these days so pedaling at my gosh-darned fastest all uphill trying to get to my poor starving baby was a hit to my nerves. Dave had it even worse, poor man, as he lacks certain....ahem...qualities which enable him to pacify the beast. Every time he would try to give Thurston a bottle, he'd be met with screams of anguish. Oh why must you shove this icky plastic thing into my mouth when I want BOOB??!!!!

But now?

Dave's figuring the little man out his own way. They're settling into a routine. Today the screecher took three bottles happily. Last night, Scarlet came by to watch the beast while we went out to see Harry Potter for my birthday. It was so great to get out to a movie just the two of us and to come home to a happy, sleepy baby. He chugged down 5 big-boy ounces by bottle when we were gone!

















































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the Amazing Hand!