Saturday, January 30, 2010

We are 9 months

I know. I've been a bad baby blogger but here I AM!

Thurston had his 9 month appointment on Tuesday. He flashed his one-tooth grin at his pediatrician and tried to grab her stethoscope. She was charmed. He weighed in at 17 lbs, 7 ounces and measured 27.5 inches long. This puts him in the 8th percentile in weight and 69th in height. He's just chugging along on his own curve as it seems. I told his pediatrician that I was pretty sure he was so skinny because he couldn't keep still. She said he seems to be doing great and was unconcerned about his low weight.

And yes, we've got a tooth. One tooth. His left front tooth came in about two weeks ago. He's really working hard on the right one and I expect it to rear it's razor-sharp head in the next day or two. I can tell it's pretty painful for the poor guy and he looks up at me like, "Mama, why must you let it hurt me so much?? Why??? Wahhhhh!!!"

Speaking of razor-sharp, my poor boob has had the brunt of the teething experience. It's really awesome to scream out in pain from a bite and find your son looking up at you and squealing with delight. Little monster.

We struggled at first with solid foods but now this kid'll eat almost anything I give him...except baby food - unless it's fruit. He also hates rice cereal. Shrug. Go figure. I've been taking bits of whatever I cook for myself and using the magic bullet to grind it up to lumpy goodness. Last night we had parsnips, carrots, onions, and kale with wheat capellini. Yum.

These past couple months with him have been really fun. He's at such a great age. Everything is new and exciting. He laughs at the most random moments and catches me off guard. He learns something new to do to scare the wits out of me every day - like climb the stairs or scavage for choking hazards on the floor. Luckily he tries to chew on power cords less often these days but he loves to try to get to Daddy's records (big no-no) and he loves pulling the trash out and dumping it onto the floor.

It's easier to clean the house these days - I just plop him down next to the dishwaser as I load it (he likes to help) or place him up against the bathtub as I scrub it (he's fascinated with the bathtub). I'm finding it easier to get my work-outs in now that I can just strap him in the jogging stroller and take off around the neighborhood. Sometimes I can even read (kind of) while he plays with his toys.

Oh and he just smells so good and his skin is so soft and he makes sweetest sounds when he sleeps...











































































No comments: