Thursday, February 18, 2010

We're Crawling Along

Thurston had a bit of a cough that's been lingering this past week so I took him in to the Pediatrician for a check-up. He's fine - clean bill of health! Even more exciting, he weighed 18 pounds, 10 ounces! That's up 1 pound, 3 ounces since his 9 month appointment only 3 weeks ago! He shot up from the 8th percentile in weight to the 14th. Woohoo! He certainly looks bigger.

Feedings went from all out refusal of anything to loud, impatient squawks if we're not quick enough to feed him. The only things he won't eat: rice cereal and canned no-salt-added green beans. Go figure. Well...I can't blame him. The kid has taste! The other day, I plumped him up with organic sweet potatoes, veggies and chicken followed by a bottle. When I sat down to eat my own supper (capellini with spinach), he turned around from what he was doing[destroying] and sniffed the air aggressively. He stopped and stared at me with wide eyes. Moments later he sped across the room, climbed up to his feet using my leg and pawed at my bowl. His wide eyes and pawing soon led to impatient squawks and then all out wails until I buckled and fed him bits of my own dinner. I often do feed him basically what I eat for dinner except more baby-fied, however this evening I was really looking forward to my own and didn't want to share. Sigh. I suppose I need to learn how to share eventually - even if it means having a kid to do it.

P.S. My pre-pregnancy jeans are almost too big on me these days.










































































No comments: