Friday, September 26, 2008

10 Weeks 6 Days

I fear constipation. I think I've been evading it mostly but it's always there in the back of my mind. I'm usually pretty good at getting my grains and leafy greens so it's usually smooth going. I had a pretty good schedule going 2-3 times a day (or more) and I felt pretty good about my healthy digestive system. However, now it's much more sporadic. I've taken to notifying Dave of each large event. "Hey sweetie, I had a big one this morning. Must have been the fiber.". And he usually responds with words of encouragement. However, I've read the horror stories: two weeks of nothing and then you're on the pot for three hours. Or those who've had to go to the emergency room to get their contents removed by machines. So I'm pushing the oatmeal, leafy greens, beans, etc down my throat and crossing my fingers that it doesn't get to that. I hope not to stoop to poop by means of Metamucil...yet.

Otherwise, things seem to be better. My constant nausea is less constant and I've had a little more energy lately- except for maybe yesterday. Yesterday was exhausting. I could hardly get out of bed. I stood in the shower for 10 minutes before actually doing any washing. I couldn't bare the idea of riding my bike into work today so I opted for the bus, which was a less-than-pleasant experience. Band practice followed work and I had an even worse experience riding the bus there. This woman who smelled of fritos crammed herself next to me. I had to sway to the left so I could even continue reading my book while she jabbered the whole time about how tired she was and how tired she was of complaining. I had to pull myself out from under her to get off the bus. Band practice ran later than 9 last night but luckily I was able to get a ride home. I made a sandwich and fell asleep soon after.

I do find myself absent-mindedly placing my palm to my abdomen these days. It's comforting to remind myself of that little heartbeat.

1 comment:

balanced. said...

"I do find myself absent-mindedly placing my palm to my abdomen these days. It's comforting to remind myself of that little heartbeat."

That is so sweet! You are going to make a wonderful mom. :)


(This is Rach from CC btw)