Monday, September 15, 2008

9 Weeks 2 Days

I found the inspiration to initiate this journal today through my morning sickness. Today it's been just a constant background reminder. All day I've felt on the verge of throwing up without actually having to throw up. I think it started when I took my pre-natal this morning.

Cigarettes are the worst trigger. A couple nights ago, I practically screamed out (in public, amongst people I might add) at Cory and Dave to not walk so close to me because they were smoking. I was going through a hormal-induced crazy moment. In order to calm myself down, I had a fierce encounter with a nearby tree branch. And I won.

So Dave and I are finally getting settled into the new place. I spent most of the weekend alternating between unpacking and watching cheesy movies or chick flicks. I've been really into the cheesy movies lately, having recently gone through an American Pie and sequals marathon day, Mean Girls, The Secret Garden, and the Fifth Element amongst other equally embarrassing movies.

Dave and I've been watching episodes of Arrested Development lately before bed, which I'd never before seen. I'm hooked. Last night, we'd just finished the 2nd DVD of the 2nd season, when we realized the 3rd DVD was not in the box. I was on the verge of having another hormonal flip-out as Dave and I ransacked all of our unpacked boxes looking for the missing DVD. Finally, and yet unsuccessfuly I might add, we settled on watching The Lost Boys. I was so tired from ransacking the apartment, I just fell asleep.

Anyway, I'm going to finish this here because I still feel like I'm going to throw up. I may put some 'before' week-by-week belly shots as well as a scanned image of our ultrasound up here for fun.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Wow, I just discovered this since you posted it on facebook, what an amazingly great idea! Now I can read all about it instead of pestering Dave for details of things that have happened so many months ago! Yay! Hope you don't mind...I'll probably be leaving all kinds of comments now haha.

-Dave's friend that visited you guys last May