Friday, March 13, 2009

34 Weeks, 6 days

First of all, my co-workers threw me an awesome baby shower on Sunday. I was so overwhelmed! I've been so busy this week, I haven't even had time to upload the pictures to my computer. I'll give it my full attention in my next entry. In the meantime, I'll just say that it was fantastic and Dave and I came home with a car full of baby gear!

Phew! It's been a long week. I had my last class on Wednesday and my final paper due next week. Procrastinator by nature, I finished my 12 page research paper at 9 pm on Monday for my Public Policy class. The professor happened to be in the office when I went to turn it in on 9:30 and we chatted for a bit. Truthfully, I think I was even a little early, because it wasn't really due until midnight ;).

Of course once school is over for the term, I still won't have much time to breathe. I have much to do: clean and tidy the apartment, scrub the floors, kitchen, bathroom, wash EVERYTHING. Plus, I really have a hankering to organize all of the baby stuff even though I don't have a place to put all of it yet. I also need to get a hospital bag together. I want to get started now but I have to get this paper out of the way before I can go to town on these projects.

On the baby front, I think I may have started to lose bits of the 'plug' today. I won't go into detail but it means that my body's getting prepared. I've also had some sharp pain in my cervix region last night-- not contractions or anything. I'm not too concerned, as I haven't had any signs of labor, bleeding, or other discomfort. In general, I feel great-- even more energetic lately, albeit a bit sleepier in general (is that possible??).

Dave's family is coming into town next week. And with it, I have another baby shower that my old high school buddies are throwing us. It'll mainly be old friends of mine from back in the day, friends of the fam, and Dave and my immediate family. I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyway, I've got some laundry to get started on (procrastinator is my name) and I really want to get cracking on my final paper. Pictures from the shower will follow shortly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your second shower went well, sounds like it was fun!
I am excited for next weekend, too!
Please, please let me know if you need or would like help with organizing the baby room, cleaning or putting together a hospital bag, or anything else. (OMG, am I begging?! sheesh.) Well, I'm serious. I'm here if you need me for errands or more fun baby things. :) I am sure it is probably more overwhelming, being closer to the due date? You know me and cleaning/organizing! It would be fun--and I solemnly promise we can do it your way ;oP
Ciao for now!

Maureen said...

Ha! Des, don't think I won't take you up on that! How does next week sound ;)?

Anonymous said...

As I said before...Superb! I am thrilled to help. Just give me a jingle when you're ready!
*Clapping hands in a girlish excited-to-do-baby-related-tasks way*