Sunday, January 11, 2009

26 Weeks

Yigh...I'm so tired! I've had a long week with class Tuesday and Wednesday nights, band practice on Thursday, more class last night and then all day today. Whew! Luckily, I dropped the Tuesday class and the marathon Friday night & Saturday day class runs only three times over the term.
Anyway class ran from 9-5 today and I headed home afterwards with a notion on my mind to get all the laundry done. We seriously needed to do laundry. I mean, I've been doing what I call "maintenance" laundry, which is one load once in a while for fresh undies, and our favorite clothes. However, the less exciting wardrobe options have piled up. So, in my mind, it seemed completely plausible for me (at six months pregnant) to lug a laundry bag FULL of clothes AND a basket FULL of clothes to the laundromat three blocks from our place. Needless to say, I didn't really think this through. I managed to get there but had to stop about every street corner to gather my barrings. I know. I know. I already slapped my wrist.
But...I got it all done. All two ginormous loads of it (you know the 4-loads-in-one washers?).
Dave got off work at 8 and met me at the laundromat to help lug it all back home and put it all away.
I then somehow roped him into cleaning the kitchen while I scrubbed down the bathroom (you can eat off the floor), picked up the livingroom and swept the house. Dave took the mighty job of removing abundant recycling articles and the trash. When all was done around 10, I finally felt I could breathe again. Nesting? Perhaps.
As I was getting ready to hop in the shower afterwards, I noticed that I was leaking a tiny bit of whitish-clear fluid from my boobs. I yelled to Dave, "I'm Lactating! I'm Lactating!" and insisted that he see it as well. He found it less exhilerating, sort of grimaced and walked away. I followed him down the hall and yelled again that I was lactating a few more times. I get the feeling that he's a little less enthusiastic than I am. Frankly, I'm thrilled to think that they actually "work"!

Anyway...26 Weeks:























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just have to laugh, I just have to laugh!