Sunday, February 22, 2009

32 Weeks, 1 day and SURPRISE!

So, yesterday afternoon I headed to what I thought was a lunch date with Cory and Michelle to find out it was a super secret surprise baby shower with a bunch of my girlfriends. It still didn't click when I found Cory sitting there alone at a six-seater table, or the fact that she had made plans with me a month in advance, or even when I saw Regina in the parking lot strolling up to the front door (I thought maybe it was one of those rare coincidences). It only struck me as rather odd that Regina seemed far less surprised to see me than I was to see her. As I started to put the pieces together in my head, Cory smiled at me and told me she'd expected me to be late. The one time I'm not, it's at my own surprise shower! And I thought I was being good!

It was so exciting! I couldn't stop spazzing out I was so excited. Here's the 6 of us after lunch:



















Displaying how the nursing gown works:


















Showing off the awesome homemade fleece outfit Cory made for my little guy.


















World's softest blanket:


















I also received some pretty exciting reading material, a bunch of cute toys, a basket filled with nursing items, a diaper wallet, baby massage oil, and on and on. I have a feeling we'll have a spoiled boy on our hands!

So, because the weather was so beautiful, I had decided to walk to the restaurant (about 3 miles) to get some exercise and soak in the sun. However, I had not anticipated having to carry home all the gifts! Of course, I had no trouble getting a ride home. As soon as I dropped everything off, I pounced off to Whole Foods, excited as can be to tell Dave about the surprise shower.

So anyway, it turns out Dave is super jealous that he isn't in many pictures with the belly. So, in order to appease the anxiously awaiting father, we took a family portrait last night:

4 comments:

Angel said...

Awwww so cute! I'm happy to see Dave in one, it completes my mental picture of things haha. Glad to hear you got a babyshower too! I was starting to feel bad and wanting to throw one from way down here!

Maureen said...

Ah..I believe there are a couple in the works next month. I'm well taken care of ;)!

Unknown said...

THAT is a super sweet pic. You should seriously (alliteration, anyone?) blow it up to huge size and hang it about a mantle or something. It's perfect.

Anonymous said...

Aww, how cute, I love the first Family Portrait! You really should save it. The surprise day was a blast!